Untitled design (10)

Kuwait has 4.859 Million Residents

KUWAITIS BREAK THE ONE MILLION MARK AS INDIAN EXPATS REACH 1.546m

According to the most recent government data, Kuwait’s population at the end of 2023 was estimated to be 4.859 million, comprising 1.546 million nationals and 3.3 million expats. This represents a 2.6 percent or 122,700 increase over the estimated 4.7 million in 2022, according to Al-Anba daily. Data from the Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI) indicates that as of the end of December 2023, there were over a million Indians living in the nation, while the number of Egyptians was declining. The top ten nationalities represented in the nation are as follows:

1. Kuwaitis: 1.546 million people, or 32% of the overall population. Kuwaitis made up 28,690 in 2023 as opposed to 1.517 million in 2022, a rise of around 2%.
2. Indians: Over a million people, or 21% of the overall population, are Indian. They make up thirty percent of all foreign residents in the nation. The previous year saw a 3.6 percent increase in their number, or 34,950.
3. Egyptians: 644,440, or 13 percent of the overall population. They make up 19 percent of all expats, but as of 2023, there were 10,790 fewer of them than there were in 2022 (655,230).
4. Bangladeshis: 274,790 people, or 6% of the total population, are expatriates, making up 8% of the total.

5. Filipinos: 267,250 people, or 5% of the population, are Filipinos living abroad, making up 8% of the total.
6. Syrians: 161,430, or three percent of the population, are Syrians and make up five percent of all expats.
7. Sri Lankans: 145,630, or 3% of the population, are Sri Lankans and make up 4% of all foreigners.

8. Saudis: 139,480 people, or 3% of the population, are Saudis and make up 4% of all expats.
Nineteen percent of the population, or 107,480, are Nepalese, making up three percent of all expats.
10. Pakistanis: 91,950 people, or 2% of the population, are expatriates, making up 3% of the total.

The remaining 480,160 people are of other nationalities, making up 10% of the total population and 14% of expatriates. Furthermore, according to the data, in 2023 there were 2.97 million workers, or 61 percent of the total population; in contrast, there were 2.5 million foreign workers, or 75 percent of all foreigners living in the nation. This indicates that families make up 25% of all foreign residents in the nation.

The nationalities with the greatest number of workers are as follows:
1. Indians: 885,900, or 30% of the labor force,
2. Egyptians: 477,480, or 16% of the workforce overall
3. Kuwaitis: 470,150 people, or 15% of the labor force
4. Bangladeshis: 267,680, or 9.5 percent of the labor force
5. Filipinos: 254,640, or 9% of the labor force overall

Additionally, there were 509,540 people in the public sector and 1.638 million in the private sector. With 397,560 workers, Kuwaitis make up 78% of the workforce in the government sector. Egyptians make up 7.38 percent (37,580) and Indians make up 4.54 percent (23,117). Indians made up the largest percentage of the private sector (30 percent, or 495,263), followed by Egyptians (27 percent, or 438,800) and Bangladeshis (10 percent, or 171,190).

Furthermore, fewer children were born in Kuwait in 2023—47,791—than in 2022—48,452. There were 31,841 Kuwaitis born in the previous year, compared to 15,950 foreigners. By the end of 2023, there were 11,120 citizens of the United States, which is 420 fewer than the 11,540 citizens in 2022. However, historical evidence indicated that 14,790 Americans were living in the nation as of 2022. In 2023, there were 7,149 fatalities as opposed to 7,726 in 2022. There were 3,792 Kuwaitis and 3,357 non-Kuwaitis among the dead from last year.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *